Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Invites

Where did you get your invites?

There are a million places you can go to for invites these days. There are stores like Vellum that will help you find the right style and help you customize invites from paper companies that they carry. There are also a ton of websites that you can buy invites from, like Wedding Paper Divas and then designers that sell some of their designs straight from their websites. And last but not least, you can have someone design your invites, using your inspirations and style, to hopefully make something truly unique.

For our wedding, I wanted something really unique that was very design oriented. My first entry into advertising wasn't excel, it was photoshop and illustrator and all those classic design programs that allow you to be as creative as you want to be. So it was natural for me to want to find someone to help me bring a design to life that matched Mike and my personality. Lucky for me, it just so happens that my photographer also likes to design invites. Angie created the most unique, awesome, invites for us this week, and I can't wait to share them! But first we have some printing to do, and then some hand rounding of corners! I love being hands on, so the assembly of them is going to be the best part for me. Each invite will be hand put together! :)

I'm off to my first float trip in ages... let's hope my sunscreen works it's wonders and we get a little summer glow, not any lobster red!

No comments:

Post a Comment